Pastor Connection Groups – “pastors investing in pastors”
Providing senior pastors an opportunity for…
* Creative ideas and problem solving
* Covenant relationships
Sr. Pastors carry a lot of responsibility. Your role as shepherd, counselor and preacher is probably only the beginning of what is expected of you. You probably also oversee staff and volunteers, in addition to coordinating events, programs, marketing, budgeting, communications, worship service, etc. On top of everything, your family needs you to be an involved dad and husband who is the spiritual leader in the home. Where do you go for ideas, encouragement, and counsel? We offer Pastor Connection Groups that meet monthly throughout the southwestern US including multiple groups meeting in the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas. Connection Groups are safe places to share what you’ve learned and to learn from other pastors who understand the unique challenges you face. We are constantly adding new groups throughout the region and there is probably one meeting near you.
Why are they a priority?
Studies over many years including some very recent ones indicate that pastors who participate in peer groups like these are healthier and have more longevity, effective ministry, growing congregations, greater community impact, happier families and an overall better experience in ministry effectiveness than those not connected to groups. A full report on one of the studies can be found at www.austinseminary.edu/cpl.
Bert Downs – The Importance of Mentoring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=797U4-2rhlk&feature=related
Our current groups and contacts are listed below:
* SW Tucson – Mike Wright 520-730-7343, email@example.com Meets 2nd Thursday morning every month at 7:30a @ Jerry Bob’s restaurant on Houghton.
* NW Tucson – (Marana) Coordinated by Steve VanKley 520-850-3462, firstname.lastname@example.org and hosted by Greg Lavine @ New Life Bible Fellowship, email@example.com Meets 12:30-1:45 on the 2nd Tues of each month, bring your own lunch.
* SE Arizona – Hosted by Mike Lingenfelter, firstname.lastname@example.org 520-586-3362; meet monthly in Benson for lunch- provided by host church (wives invited). Coordinated by Ken Burke email@example.com, 928-428-0643
* Yuma – Coordinated by Glenn Connell 928-257-9148, firstname.lastname@example.org ; and hosted by Rick Seltzer @ Grace Bible Fellowship. Meets monthly for dinner, wives are invited.
* Copper Region – Joe Palmer 520-827-0508, email@example.com is re-starting this group to meet in the Kearney/Globe area.
* West Phoenix – Coordinated by Don Moenich , firstname.lastname@example.org and hosted by Steve Engram @ Desert Springs Church, email@example.com 14440 W. Indian School Road, Goodyear 85395 623-435-2105